Enclosure Type: Bass Reflex
Driver Alignment: 2-way
Tweeter Type: Compression Driver
Bass Type: Woofer
Crossover Type: Passive
Impedance: 8 Ohm
Sensitivity: 95 dB
Cutoff -3 dB: 50 Hz
Additional Features: Non-parallel Panels
Diaphragm Material: Paper, Titanium
Build Complexity: Intermediate
Radiation Type: Monopole, Controlled Dispersion
Type of Use: Public Address
Bass Driver Size: 15 inch
Cost of Parts: $1300
2 Ways 15” Loudspeaker System
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- An effective, high performance and easy to build, two way loudspeaker system for high performance in a relatively compact and portable enclosure.
- An “already optimized” passive crossover network greatly simplifies the system setup.
- The 15W700 woofer has been combined with the ND1460 Neodymium Compression Driver, mounted on a XT1464 horn in order to obtain a smooth frequency response, precision directivity control and high power handling.
- Unique 18 Sound Elliptical-Spheroidal waveguide technology assures constant coverage at mid and high frequency with precision and stability, and good arrayability if used in multiple units.
- A crossover frequency set in the 1.5kHz range, yields very good power handling and operation reliability while not sacrificing directivity control and mid-range sound quality.
- The 15ND830 woofer is the perfect option if equivalent sonic performances are required while greatly reducing system weight as well.
- The enclosure should be made out of Baltic birch plywood (15mm thick).
- The vents can be made with standard PVC plumbing pipe connections with internal diameter of 96mm, as described at page 13.
- All the used bolts should be the M5 type (5mm diameter), 35mm deep. “8.8” steel type or better is strongly suggested.
- M5 T-Nuts are recommended to be used in conjunction with M5 bolts.
- It’s strictly necessary to provide for proper cabinet internal acoustical damping with absorptive material.
- High density damping material, such as Dacron or other synthetic fibers, is required for best performance.
- The following example image show the proper damping material disposition.
Eighteen Sound is a leading designer and manufacturer of high quality professional audio loudspeakers, developing state-of-the-art transducer technologies and using the most advanced production techniques, located in Reggio Emilia, Italy.