7 degree reclined volcano
- Advanced high-end drivers.
- Faceted baffle for reduced high frequency diffraction.
- Inclined baffle for correct time alignment of drivers (allowing for simpler cross-over design).
- Wedge shaped inner rear walls behind midwoofer for reduced direct reflections.
- Internal bracing to reduce and distribute cabinet vibrations and hence lower sound coloration.
- Dual ports for distribution of unwanted pipe resonances.
- Inclined inner bottom for reduction of standing waves.
- Solid single-wiring binding posts.
Dimensions (H x W x D) : 1009 x 190 x 464 mm / 45.87 x 12.41 x 20.47 inch
This design, with prebuilt crossovers and assembly ready cabinets can be found in shops.
The RINJANI is a 2.5-way floor standing speaker kit built with top-line SATORI drivers. Each speaker is equipped with two SATORI 6.5” Papyrus cone midwoofers and the famous SATORI TW29R Ring-dome tweeter.
Mount Rinjani is a breathtakingly beautiful active volcano on the island of lombok, Indonesia. The volcano is known to display dramatic eruptions with plumes of lava and ash. The RINJANI kit is designed to deliver transparent and dynamic sound reproduction.
The RINJANI’s faceted baffle is specially designed to reduce high frequency diffraction and yields superb imaging qualities. A further 7⁰ reclined cabinet ensures time alignment resulting in sublime staging and pin point placement in instruments. The quality crossover lives in it’s own sealed chamber in the bottom of the speaker with a sharp incline to diminish standing waves.
The cabinet is masterfully crafted from 18 mm MDF with internal bracing to distribute cabinet vibrations and lower sound coloration. Unwanted reflections are minimized by wedge shaped inner rear walls. The RINJANI also has dual ports at the back to distribute port resonance evenly and lower compression.
For a smaller speaker with similar design goals look to the ARA and ARA Be which are the over achieving siblings of the great RINJANI.
- 1 pc - High frequency driver SATORI TW29R / TW29R-B (sold separately)
- 2 pcs - Low frequency drivers 6.5" SATORI MW16P-8 / MW16PNW-8 (sold separately)
- 1 pc - Rinjani crossover kit (sold separately)
- 18 pcs - Hex socket screw M4 x 20mm (for drivers)
- 12 psc - Hex socket screw M4 x 30mm (for pedestal)
- 4 pcs - Countersunk screw M4 x 20mm (for terminal plate)
- 6 pcs - Wood screw 4 x 16 mm for crossover (from crossover kit )
- 34 pcs - Insert nut M4 (Installed )
- 1 pc - Stainless Terminal plate
- 1 pair - Binding post
- 1 pc - Seal gasket (for terminal plate)
- 1 pc - Seal gasket (for pedestal, installed on cabinet)
- 2 pcs - Port flare (installed on cabinet)
- 2 pcs - Port paper tube (installed on cabinet)
- 1 pc - Damping
- 1 pc - Name plate
- 1 pc - Tweeter grill
- 2 pcs - Woofer grill
- Hex key 3mm size (for driver screw).
- Hex key 2.5mm size (for terminal plate screw).
- Philips screwdriver no. 2 (for crossover screw).
- Hot melt glue gun(for attaching the damping and sealing the wire holes).
1. Unpack the cabinet from the packaging and take out the raw damping material from inside the cabinet.
2. Cut the raw damping material to 8 pieces of damping according to the cutting diagram.
3. Place each damping piece into the cabinet according to the position diagram. Add a bit of glue if needed to hold the damping in place.
4. Detach the pedestal by removing the four screws in each corner.
5. Place the crossover on top of the pedestal, with the orientation of the input cable towards the rear terminals and the speaker wires towards the front panel.
6. Pass the three pairs of speaker wires through each hole in the bottom panel of the cabinet.
7. Seal all the cable holes with hot melt glue.
8. Pass the input cables through the terminal hole on the rear of the cabinet, then connect to the binding posts.
9. Mount the terminal panel into the terminal hole at the rear.
10. Mount the pedestal to the cabinet using all 12 screws
11. Pull the three pairs of cables through the holes in each cabinet bracing.
12. Hook up the cables to the woofers and tweeter terminals.
13. Mount the drivers to the cabinet and carefully tighten the screws.
14. Reapeat the steps for the other speaker and you have completed your SB ACOUSTICS Rinjani speakers. Time to listen!